Welcome to the homepage of the Pittsfield Buying Club.
We buy healthy, Maine grown food and products (and some fair trade items, too) to support the health and wholeness of our communities.
We place orders once a month: the buying window opens the first or second Friday of every month (dependent upon our distributor's delivery schedule) and stays open until the following Thursday unless otherwise posted.
To learn more about how we work, please visit our webpage.
To become a member, please email us.
Below you'll see who we work with; we're always looking for more farmers and changing as the seasons progress.
Want to order stuff you don't see on the list? Email your ideas, and we'll see how we can make the club work better for you. Our power comes from working together!
This month, alongside the Crown of Maine's extensive list of products distributed statewide, the Pittsfield Buying Club features products directly from our farmers and featuring:
Leeman Family Farm's goat sausage
High Lonesome Acres natural and chemical free beans, potatoes, and homemade goodies
Snakeroot Organic Farm produce
Top of Maine's all natural, non-confined, Certified grass-fed beef and pork
Gryffon Ridge herbs and spices
O.A.T.S. Anytime tarts
Love for Lemons cleaning products
Rollins Orchards apples, cider, and maples syrup
if you're interested in buying in larger quantities than listed.
Click a link below to leave this page and visit your local farmer's website:
Seasonal produce from Snakeroot Organic Farm of Pittsfield
Organic and raw dairy products from Balfour Organic Dairy of Pittsfield
Apples, apple cider, and maple syrup from Rollins Orchards of Garland
Certified Organic herbs and spices from Gryffon Ridge Spice Merchants of Brunswick
Chemical free cleaning products from Love for Lemons Co. of Bath
Hormone-free chevon and beef as well as goats milk soap from Leeman Family Farm of Etna
Look for these farms first when you shop!
We also order bulk products from the following distributors:
Crown of Maine Organic Cooperative of Vassalboro
Equal Exchange products including nuts and coffee!
Remember: We're a club in the strictest sense. No one gets paid to do any of this - we do it because we like Maine food!
A Quick HOW-TO for Buyers:
1) The ordering window opens the first or second Friday of every month (we send an email to confirm this) and it stays open for one week.
2) You choose your items from the list of available products once the buying window opens- don't worry if the amount you've chosen does not "fill" a split. We take care of that before ordering.
3) When you choose items from the list, there is no "submit" button. What's in your "basket" is what will be ordered.
4) Sometimes, you don't get everything you ordered depending upon whether or not a split is filled or if an item has run out-of-stock (remember, this is a seasonal venture and availability comes and goes).
5) Pick-up and pay day is two weeks later on a Wednesday. We do this every month in Pittsfield (location TBA and determined by the size of the order) and we keep you informed of everything via email.
Call Holly at 487-2706 or email us
to sign up.